In this section
- Laboratories & diagnostics
Samples suitable for testing can include bacteria, yeasts, fungi (including mushrooms, rusts, smuts), and fungus-like organisms. Plant disease symptoms such as leaf or fruit spots are suitable, as are pure fungal and bacterial cultures on agar plates.
Costs of identification
Prices are excluding GST. Price per specimen unless indicated.
- Casual identification from a photo sent via members of the public has no charge.
Commercial and agency users
- Single molecular sequence required from clean mushroom or fungal or bacterial cultures: $360, with each subsequent sample in the same test: $200
- More complicated identifications including multigene sequences or isolation from diseased plant symptoms will be quoted on request.
Delivery of Results
Standard sample turnaround time is 2–10 working days; however this may vary with the nature of the request, the urgency of the request, and availability of staff. Results will be provided in written format to the client on completion of the project. Digital copies of the data are retained byManaaki Whenua for records purposes. Sample may be accessioned to one of the aforementioned collections in concurrence with accessioning policy.
Diagnostics Services Managers & Diagnostic Request Forms
Downloadable content & links
- pdf Terms and conditions of diagnostic services for biological specimens pdf File, 113 KB