In this section
- Fungal guide
- Virtual mycota
Key to Ichneumonidae in New Zealand
- Key to Coprosma species
- Key to Cotoneaster species
- Key to flowering plant genera of New Zealand
- Key to the grasses
- Key to native orchids
- Key to native plants of schools & marae
- Key to the weed species
- Key to weedy daisies of the South Pacific
- Key to willow species and hybrids
- Help using LUCID keys
- Biological diagnostics
- What is this bug?
Lucid 3 works by allowing users to "describe" their specimen by choosing features (tick boxes) of different features (characters) in the key. The key progressively eliminates genera that do not match the chosen features until an identification is made.
- We strongly recommend the use of “ranked sorting mode” [Entities Menu>Sorting Mode>Ranked]. This gives a percentage of identification success (rather than just a yes/no). This often narrows the identification to a few genera, and then the image gallery and/or the factsheets may help confirm the identification.
- If you are unsure of (or cannot see) a feature – then skip it. To get an identification, you do not have to select options for every feature (often identifications can be obtained with only a few characters).
“Best” feature tool. Features Menu>Best. This tool will select the next best feature to help with identification (and if you don’t like this character then choose “Next Best”!).
This key will run on most browsers, including Chrome, Firefox, IE and Microsoft Edge.
Although this key is not optimised for portable devices, it displays OK on tablets.
Schnitzler F-R & Ward DF. 2013. Key to Ichneumonidae in New Zealand. v1.0. http://ichneumonidae.landcareresearch.co.nz
(Accessed: INSERT CURRENT DATE HERE)