In this section
Data & databases
- Ko te Aitanga Pepeke o Aotearoa - New Zealand Land Invertebrates
- National Vegetation Survey (NVS) databank
- Ngā Tipu Aotearoa – New Zealand Plants
- Ngā Tipu Whakaoranga - Māori Plant Use Database
- NZFungi - New Zealand Fungi (and Bacteria)
- Systematics collections data
Basic spatial visualisation package
- National Land Resources Centre (NLRC)
- SINDI: Soil quality indicators
This package has come from discussions between Kiwi for Kiwi consultant Morgan Cox and Anne Sutherland and Kiri Reihana (Manaaki Whenua) who saw an opportunity to collate freely available data in a package to support community conservation aspirations.
These files can be used with the free open source software QGIS (Section 3 of the manual) or any other GIS software as well as on google maps, so maintaining open access for the public. We have also decided to use the QGIS 3.4.15 Madeira operating systems, as at the time of this publication it was the most stable and well-utilised open-sourced programme.