In this section
Data & databases
Basic spatial visualisation package
- Ko te Aitanga Pepeke o Aotearoa - New Zealand Land Invertebrates
- National Land Resources Centre (NLRC)
- National Vegetation Survey (NVS) databank
- Ngā Tipu Whakaoranga - Māori Plant Use Database
- NZFungi - New Zealand Fungi (and Bacteria)
- SINDI: Soil quality indicators
- Systematics collections data
- Basic spatial visualisation package
This package has come from discussions between Kiwi for Kiwi consultant Morgan Cox and Anne Sutherland and Kiri Reihana (Manaaki Whenua) who saw an opportunity to collate freely available data in a package to support community conservation aspirations.
These files can be used with the free open source software QGIS (Section 3 of the manual) or any other GIS software as well as on google maps, so maintaining open access for the public. We have also decided to use the QGIS 3.4.15 Madeira operating systems, as at the time of this publication it was the most stable and well-utilised open-sourced programme.