In this section
Data & databases
- Basic spatial visualisation package
- Ko te Aitanga Pepeke o Aotearoa - New Zealand Land Invertebrates
- National Land Resources Centre (NLRC)
- National Vegetation Survey (NVS) databank
- Ngā Tipu Whakaoranga - Māori Plant Use Database
- NZFungi - New Zealand Fungi (and Bacteria)
- SINDI: Soil quality indicators
Systematics collections data
The website is intended primarily for researchers and workers who require access to unsanitised collection data. It therefore presumes the user has an understanding of the appropriate use and limitations associated with such data:
- The data are provided on an "as is" and "as available" basis.
- The data are presented as they have been recorded on the specimens and cultures.
- Some of the data may be inaccurate, incomplete and/or imprecise. Such data will include, but are not limited to, localities and identifications of specimens and cultures.
- Not all specimens or cultures held by a given collection have been entered into the database.
Using the SCD site you can currently:
- Access specimen and culture records from the five collections
- Access images associated with specimen records
- Download specimen data in simple text-file (CSV) format (registered users only)
- Save selected specimens as sets that can be retrieved at a later time (registered users only)
- Submit requests to borrow specimens or purchase cultures (registered users only)