In this section
Data & databases
- Biota of New Zealand
- Ko te Aitanga Pepeke o Aotearoa - New Zealand Land Invertebrates
- National Vegetation Survey (NVS) databank
- Ngā Tipu Aotearoa – New Zealand Plants
- Ngā Rauropi Whakaoranga
- NZFungi - New Zealand Fungi (and Bacteria)
- Systematics collections data
- Basic spatial visualisation package
- National Land Resources Centre (NLRC)
- SINDI: Soil quality indicators
- National Environmental Data Centre
The National Environmental Data Centre (NEDC) provides easy access to important national environmental data for science, government, local bodies, industry, business, iwi/Māori, and the public of Aotearoa New Zealand.
With new high-performance computing, data storage and analytics capability, this data provides new insights to areas such as sustainable use of natural resources, land use decision making, environmental management and reporting, resilience to natural hazards, and conservation.
NEDC is a collaborative Crown Research Institute (CRI) initiative, integrating CRI data in a networked national environmental research data infrastructure. This network will enable the integration with existing data and models, producing data and information products and services that enhance Aotearoa New Zealand's research capability and environmental decision making.
The integrated nature of NEDC greatly enhances the potential for this information to address Aotearoa's most pressing challenges and provide improved environmental knowledge and insight.