Landcare Research acknowledges the financial assistance of the Terrestrial and Freshwater Biodiversity Information System (TFBIS) Programme towards the completion of an interactive identification key to weeds and pest plants included in the Department of Conservation consolidated list of environmental weeds in New Zealand (Howell, 2008), the National Pest Plant Accord (NPPA), and plants that are closely related or similar looking. The TFBIS Programme is funded by the Government to help to achieve the goals of the New Zealand Biodiversity Strategy, and is administered by the Department of Conservation.
The Centre for Biological Information Technology (CBIT) at The University of Queensland supplied scores and fact sheet information for some species included in the New Zealand (Lucid™) weeds key. This data was derived from the following Lucid™ keys, authored by Sheldon Navie, and developed and distributed by CBIT - Declared Plants of Australia, Environmental Weeds of Australia and Suburban and Environmental Weeds of SE Queensland - version 2.
- Carolyn Lewis (Weedbusters)
- Clayson Howell (Department of Conservation)
- MAF Biosecurity New Zealand
- NIWA, National Institute of Water & Atmospheric Research
- Jonathan Boow (Auckland Regional Council)
- Other New Zealand regional authorities, city councils and district councils
- Forest & Kim Starr (Hawaii)
- Jackie Miles and Max Campbell (NSW, Australia)
- Contributors to the USDA-NRCS PLANTS Database
- Contributors to Wikimedia