In this section
- Annual reports
- Ecosystem services in New Zealand
- Fauna of New Zealand series
- Fungi of New Zealand series
- Insect factsheets: Interesting insects and other invertebrates
- Kararehe Kino / Animal Pest Research
- Minimising environmental impacts of mining
- Naturally Uncommon Ecosystems
- Policy briefing & guidance papers
- Pūtaiao - Manaaki Whenua science summary
- Soil Horizons
- Te reo o te repo: The voice of the wetland
- VSA field guide
- Weed Biocontrol
- Wetland Restoration
- Woody ecosystem types
Please note: Plants in New Zealand Poisonous to Children replaces the two previously available handouts for the North Island and South Island. The handout is all in one now. Please dispose of your old copies and use this new one.
The Poisonous Plants poster is now out-of-print.
If a child is displaying serious symptoms of poisoning, treat as an emergency and dial 111 for an ambulance.
Otherwise, if you suspect a child has ingested parts of a poisonous plant immediately contact the National Poisons and Hazardous Chemical Information Centre Urgent Phoneline 24 hours a day seven days a week on
0800 POISON / 0800 764 766