In this section
EcoGene was established in New Zealand in 2008 as the commercial DNA services arm of Manaaki Whenua – Landcare Research ’s Ecological Genetics Laboratory in Tāmaki Makaurau/Auckland. EcoGene services are also performed at the Gamete, Ecotoxicology and Molecular (G.E.M.) Laboratory at Lincoln, Ōtautahi /Christchurch.
DNA services are provided to organisations such as local government, universities, zoos and private enterprises in New Zealand as well as servicing international clients.
EcoGene can access a wide range of Manaaki Whenua expertise, allowing for the performance of a variety of different research projects and tests. Laboratories are PC2 accredited and outfitted with a range of equipment suitable for undertaking a wide variety of molecular bio logical methods and conducting DNA-based testing services.
The facilities include:
- Dedicated physically separated pre-and post- PCR areas
- Several DNA extraction and liquid handling robots (Qiagen Q I Acube and QIAcube HT, Perkin Elmer Janus automated workstations )
- Real-Time/Quantitative and conventional PCR (Rotor-Gene QViiA7 Real-Time PCR, Veriti and ProFlex thermocyclers )
- 3500xL Genetic Analyzer ( Sanger sequencing and fragment analysis )
- Genome sizing by Flow Cytometry
- Ultra-freezer and liquid nitrogen cryopreservation facilities
We offer support in an initial consultation, providing recommendations of the optimal testing method. EcoGene then receives and process your samples. When analysis is complete, a report is provided.