Back a level
In this section
Students research organisms living in NZ forests and learn how they interact with one another.
Students will be able to:
- Explain 5 ways organisms interact with one another.
- Explain the possible consequences of removal or addition of an organism from the environment.
Science, Living World, Levels 3-6 (details below)
commensalism, competition, cultivation, ecology, herbivore, herbivory, husbandry, mutualism, parasite, parasitism, pollination, predation, predator, symbiosis
- Introduction: 15-30 minutes
- Research time: several hours, or could be done as homework
- Reflection: 30-45 minutes
- 1 copy of Forest Organisms sheet
- 11 copies of Web of Life Worksheet (both sides)
- library and internet resources
- whiteboard or large piece of butcher paper