Back a level
In this section
Students investigate how our aesthetic values can create weed problems.
Students will be able to:
- Explain how some weeds arrived in New Zealand.
- Evaluate the role of historic cultural values in introducing weeds.
- Investigate current cultural values and consider how they may affect the creation of new weeds in New Zealand.
Suggested prior lessons
Social studies, levels 2-7
weed, introduced, exotic, native, invasive, acclimatisation society
1 ½ - 2 hours
Downloadable content & links
- pdf Cultivating weeds: Lesson plan pdf File, 165 KB
- pdf Cultivating weeds: If you can’t beat ‘em, eat ‘em! pdf File, 252 KB
- pdf Cultivating weeds: Crossword pdf File, 85 KB