An application to release the privet lace bug, Leptoyphya hospita (Tingidae) was approved by the EPA in May 2015. This is the first of what is expected to be several proposed biocontrol agents that will work together to help control privet weeds in New Zealand.
Downloadable content & links
- pdf Host range testing Leptoypha hospita pdf File, 226 KB
- pdf Invertebrates and fungi associated with privet, Ligustrum spp. (Oleaceae), in New Zealand pdf File, 1.5 MB
- pdf Privet: All privet (Ligustrum spp) pdf File, 189 KB
- pdf Prospects for Biological Control of Privet (Ligustrum spp.) (Oleaceae) pdf File, 122 KB
- pdf Summary of responses pdf File, 786 KB
- pdf Summary of Iwi responses pdf File, 139 KB