The application to introduce Aceria vitalbae as a biological control agent for old man’s beard was approved by EPA in October 2018. This mite galls the leaves of old man’s beard.
Downloadable content & links
- pdf Old Man’s Beard (Clematis vitalba) pdf File, 167 KB
- pdf Risks, costs and benefits of biological control of old man’s beard pdf File, 96 KB
- pdf Host range testing of Aceria vitalbae pdf File, 320 KB
- pdf Old Man's Beard: Aggregated responses pdf File, 259 KB
- EPA old man's beard decision Link