In this section
Meet our staff
- Al Glen, Senior Researcher
- Ana Podolyan, Molecular Technician
- Ben Jolly, Scientific Programmer
- Fiona Carswell – Chief Scientist
- Jessie Prebble, Botanist
- Jo Carpenter, Researcher – Conservation Ecology
- Manpreet Dhami, Senior Researcher
- Paula Godfrey, Research Technician
- Sze-Wing Yiu, Post-Doctoral Researcher – Behaviour Ecologist
- Yvonne Taura, Kairangahau Māori – Ecology
I'm a research technician in the Ecosystems & Conservation team. My mahi (work) takes me into the field to conduct plant biodiversity surveys and to collect data. I also work in the Allan Herbarium (located at Manaaki Whenua) preparing new speciems of plant material and filing these speciems into the collection.
My background is in large ecological restoration, including seed collection through to planting and maintenance, and ecological consulting. My ecological consulting mahi has taken me all over the country, with a lot of my mahi involving both vegetation surveys and frog surveys.
I love getting around the country and spending time surveying plant communities and habitats, and the people you meet along the way are always really cool. That’s what keeps me going in my chosen line of mahi.