In this section
Meet our staff
- Al Glen, Senior Researcher
- Ana Podolyan, Molecular Technician
- Ben Jolly, Scientific Programmer
- Fiona Carswell – Chief Scientist
- Jessie Prebble, Botanist
- Jo Carpenter, Researcher – Conservation Ecology
- Manpreet Dhami, Senior Researcher
- Paula Godfrey, Research Technician
- Sze-Wing Yiu, Post-Doctoral Researcher – Behaviour Ecologist
- Yvonne Taura, Kairangahau Māori – Ecology
I loved molecular biology from the moment I learnt about it in high school, so it was a very clear path for me from the start. Molecular techniques offer a very elegant way to solve problems like climate change, preservation of biodiversity or pest management.
The science we do is very diverse. I work on many different samples like bacteria, fungi, viruses, plants, insects, and soil. As part of the Biocontrol & Molecular Ecology team, I specialise in all things DNA and RNA, like species identification and preparation of genomic libraries, and regularly provide training in molecular techniques.