In this section
Meet our staff
- Al Glen, Senior Researcher
- Ana Podolyan, Molecular Technician
- Ben Jolly, Scientific Programmer
- Fiona Carswell – Chief Scientist
- Jessie Prebble, Botanist
- Jo Carpenter, Researcher – Conservation Ecology
- Manpreet Dhami, Senior Researcher
- Paula Godfrey, Research Technician
- Sze-Wing Yiu, Post-Doctoral Researcher – Behaviour Ecologist
- Yvonne Taura, Kairangahau Māori – Ecology
My research in recent years has been to do with monitoring methods for animals that are rare and/or difficult to detect.
One of the things that attracted me to this career was the variety. Some days I might be out checking traps in the bush, some days I might be teaching, and other days I’m in the office analysing data.
I’ve been lucky enough to do some work with Conservation Dogs New Zealand, which has shown that dogs are incredibly useful for detecting all sorts of animals, plants, and even diseases such as kauri dieback. Knowing that my research is helping to conserve taonga species and natural environments is very rewarding.”