In this section
- Biological diagnostics
- Freshwater algae
- Freshwater invertebrates guide
- Fungal guide
- Hair sample identification and factsheets
- Key to Coprosma species
- Key to Cotoneaster species
- Key to flowering plant genera of New Zealand
- Key to the grasses
- Key to Ichneumonidae in New Zealand
- Key to the Myrtaceae of New Zealand
- Key to Mycetophila
- Key to native orchids
- Key to native plants of schools & marae
- Key to weedy daisies of the South Pacific
- Key to the weed species
- Key to willow species and hybrids
- Help using LUCID keys
- Stink bugs (Pentatomidae) of NZ
- Virtual mycota
- What is this bug?
Kerry Ford, David Glenny and Trevor James
This Lucid 3 key is illustrated with more than 3094 images and is connected by hyperlinks at the species level to the digitised version of the Grass Flora and Ngā Tipu o Aotearoa - New Zealand Plants (a database derived from the New Zealand Plant Names database and the Allan Herbarium Specimen database).
Manaaki Whenua – Landcare Research acknowledges the financial assistance of the Terrestrial and Freshwater Biodiversity Information System (TFBIS) Programme towards the preparation of this identification key. The TFBIS Programme is funded by the Government to help to achieve the goals of the New Zealand Biodiversity Strategy, and is administered by the Department of Conservation.
This key will run on most browsers, including Chrome, Firefox, IE and Microsoft Edge.
Although this key is not optimised for portable devices, it displays OK on tablets.
Dedicated smartphone apps are available for two of the keys on these webpages (Coprosma and Native orchids).
Ford KA, Glenny D, James T 2007. NZ Grass Key – key to the grasses of New Zealand.
Accessed at https://www.landcareresearch.co.nz/resources/identification/plants/grass-key.
Date of access: 15 Jul 2020