English name: plume moth
Scientific name: Pterophorus monospilalis (Walker)
order = Lepidoptera; family = Pterophoridae
- is found on both main islands of Aotearoa / New Zealand, and on Rakiura / Stewart Island;
- is one of 21 species of plume moth found in Aotearoa / New Zealand;
- is a member of a group of plume moths that sit in a rather sprawling posture;
- is often seen lying flat on the leaves of its host plants: pate, raukawa, and puahou (tauparapara);
- caterpillars and pupae are somewhat furry.