Plant Diagnostic Services
Samples suitable for identification include: native and naturalised seed plants, ferns, lichens, mosses, freshwater algae and liverworts, including noxious plants, poisonous plants, weeds, and plant parts such as pollen and seeds.
Costs of identification
- One-off plant identifications for the general public are free.
Commercial and agency users
Prices are excluding GST. Price per specimen unless indicated.
- $250 per hour plus GST (minimum charge one hour).
- Molecular sequences: $360, with each subsequent sample in the same test $200.
- Additional costs may apply if the specimens need to be vouchered and accessioned.
- An annual fixed fee is recommended if the service is used frequently.
- Other quotations are supplied on request.
Delivery of Results
Standard sample turnaround time is 2‐10 working days; however this may vary with the nature of the request, the urgency of the request, and availability of staff. Results will be provided in written format to the client on completion of the project. Digital copies of the data are retained by Landcare Research for records purposes. Sample may be accessioned to one of the aforementioned collections in concurrence with accessioning policy.