Our identification requirements:
- Our primary expertise and focus is on invertebrates in the New Zealand region. However, we welcome enquiries of non-New Zealand material.
- We also invite enquires for all types of invertebrates, and if we are unable to process your request, will we endeavour to advise you of specialists elsewhere who can help.
- All requests should be detailed on the Diagnostic Request Form. This form is be emailed prior to specimens being sent, in order to obtain a quote and to advise us of incoming material.
- PLEASE DO NOT SEND MATERIAL WITHOUT COMPLETING THIS FORM, AND WAITING FOR OUR RESPONSE.
- The Diagnostic Request Form should be completed with as much information as possible.
- This information is important for labelling, invoicing, keeping track of material, and may help with diagnostics.
- Specimens sent for identification are retained by the NZAC unless their return is specifically requested.
- Upon receipt of a request NZAC will:
- evaluate the request and provide a quote
- upon acceptance of terms, provide the requested identification and/or information as far as is possible, or inform the customer of any delay
- if requested, return any specimens or other material to the customer.
- NZAC reserves the right to decline any request.
Costs of identification
- Charges are made for identification where appropriate.
- Costs for identification and information provided are based on the estimated time required to fulfil the request and includes all associated costs
- Requests for identification and information on submission processes can be obtained from the Diagnostics Services Manager
- Major ongoing identification tasks can also be discussed with the Diagnostics Services Manager