- pdf Understanding costs and maintenance of wsud in NZ pdf File, 2.3 MB
- pdf Assessing the full benefits of WSUD pdf File, 1.8 MB
- pdf Te Ao Maori and water sensitive urban design pdf File, 2 MB
- pdf Findings of Activating WSUD visit to Melbourne Nov 2018 pdf File, 2.7 MB
- pdf Incentives and Funding an international literature review and recommendations for New Zealand pdf File, 1.5 MB
More Than Water assessment tool
The name ‘More Than Water’ reflects the potential for WSUD to deliver multiple benefits and cost-related advantages, in addition to more familiar considerations associated with management of the hydrological and water quality effects of urban development. MTW provides for the evaluation of a wide set of benefits and costs criteria using a simple qualitative assessment method. The tool generates graphical outputs that can be used to demonstrate how benefit and cost outcomes may vary under different development scenarios.
The tool is available as a Microsoft Excel workbook that can be downloaded here.
A description of the development of MTW, instructions on its use and case study applications are given here. Note that, while most features of the MTW workbook are locked, it is possible to:
- re-size the worksheet view to fit any screen size; and
- make multiple copies of the benefits and costs worksheets within the workbook, for instance to allow results for several scenarios to be saved and compared.
Guidance for assessing each of the benefits and costs criteria in MTW is given here.
The Activating WSUD research team welcome feedback and suggestions for improvement on any aspect of the tool, for instance its performance, functionality, appearance and limitations. Please email the team here with any comments.
- pdf Auckland Manukau Eastern Transport Initiative (AMETI) pdf File, 1.2 MB
- pdf Talbot Park community regeneration project in Auckland pdf File, 1.3 MB
- pdf Green roofs in the Queenstown area pdf File, 1.1 MB
- pdf Kirimoko Park residential subdivision in Wanaka pdf File, 1.2 MB
- pdf Green Infrastructure Checklist 1: Handover checklist pdf File, 200 KB
- pdf Green Infrastructure Checklist 2: Individual device cyclic maintenance pdf File, 135 KB
- pdf Green Infrastructure Checklist 3: Rain Garden Maintenance for home-owners pdf File, 96 KB
- pdf Activating WSUD: Auckland field notes pdf File, 1.6 MB
- pdf Activating WSUD: Christchurch Workshop Notes pdf File, 1 MB
- pdf Activating WSUD: Auckland Workshop Notes pdf File, 851 KB
- pdf Activating WSUD: Christchurch walk pdf File, 5 MB
- pdf Activating WSUD: Christchurch workshop presentation pdf File, 2.2 MB