Crazy and Ambitious Conference
The National Science Challenge for NZ’s Biological Heritage is calling its first meeting at Te Papa, Wellington.
Crazy & Ambitious 8-10 May 2017
A full 3-day programme with an inspiring line-up of internationally recognised speakers.
A piquant mixture of stretchy science, disruptive technologies, Māori and indigenous knowledge, business and industry, government and NGOs. We look forward to hearing your ideas (even if they do sound a bit crazy!), ambitions, progress, promises, experiences and future plans at this, our first national meeting.
- Where are we at with Predator Free NZ by 2050?
- How are Māori restoring customary use and protection of taonga species?
- Exactly who’s restoring biodiversity and where?
- Who’s paying?
- What is the role of private land in restoring connectivity across landscapes?
- Who’s leading the way?
- Are we getting on top of biosecurity threats and what’s the role of primary industries?
- How is the fencing of waterways going? What’s the latest report card on freshwater health?
- How are ecological sanctuaries doing?
- Is climate change starting to hurt our biological heritage?