I currently investigate: 1) the effects of biological invasions in ecosystems, 2) plant-soil interactions at a wide range of temporal scales, 3) disturbance ecology, 4) ecological and environmental controls on leaf and wood decomposition, 5) linking plant functional traits to ecological processes, 6) constraints on productivity and C sequestration in ecosystems.
PhD Plant Ecology
- Peltzer DA, MacLeod CJ 2014. Weeds and native plant species are negatively associated along grassland and kiwifruit land management intensity gradients. Austral Ecology 39(1): 39–49. http://dx.doi.org/10.1111/aec.12043 (Journal Article, 2014)
- Caplat P, Cheptou P-O, Diez J, Guisan A, Larson BMH, Macdougall AS, Peltzer DA, Richardson DM, Shea K, van Kleunen M, Zhang R, Buckley YM 2013. Movement, impacts and management of plant distributions in response to climate change: insights from invasions. Oikos 122(9): 1265–1274. http://dx.doi.org/10.1111/j.1600-0706.2013.00430.x (Journal Article, 2013)
- Mason NWH, Bellingham PJ, Carswell FE, Peltzer DA, Holdaway RJ, Allen RB 2012. Species-specific resistance to wood decay moderates the effect of canopy dieback on carbon storage in old-growth forests. Global Change Biology. (Journal Article, 2012)
- Mason NWH, Richardson SJ, Peltzer DA, de Bello F, Wardle DA, Allen RB 2012. Changes in coexistence mechanisms along a long-term soil chronosequence revealed by functional trait diversity. Journal of Ecology 100(3): 678-689. <Go to ISI>://WOS:000302623200010 (Journal Article, 2012)
- Leifso A, MacDougall AS, Husband B, Hierro JL, Köchy M, Pärtel M, Peltzer DA 2012. Expansion of a globally pervasive grass occurs without substantial trait differences between home and away populations. Oecologia 170(4): 1123–1132 http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s00442-012-2370-4 (Journal Article, 2012)
- Disturbance ecology
- Impacts of weeds in ecosystems
- Plant competition.
- Plant Ecology
- Plant-soil interactions
- Quantitative Ecology
- Biological invasion ecology
- Ecosystem processes
- Experimental design and analysis