Team: GM Partnerships
P.O. Box 10 345
Mob: +64 21 515 980
Fax: +64 3 321 9998
I am an experienced executive leader of people and programmes in the science, environmental and conservation sectors, both in New Zealand and internationally, and am motivated by creating opportunities to secure and promote New Zealand’s place in the world. My professional values centre around working with and through others to achieve demonstrable outcomes; creating new opportunities through a client-centred approach; and generating pace, passion and positivity for the strategic directions which will deliver most benefit to New Zealand.
I have expertise in building and maintaining stakeholder networks, developing and leveraging partnerships, and creating greater value from working with and through others. As a member of several national advisory and governance bodies, I am experienced in applying good governance principles and practices to real-world problems.
Other relevant roles
- Worldwide Fund for Nature – NZ (WWF-NZ) – Trustee (2016 - )
- Manaaki Whenua Research Trust – Trustee (2016 - )
- Member, NZ Environment Funders' Network, Philanthropy NZ. (2015 - )
- Member, National Stakeholder Advisory Group for Overseer™ (2014 - )
- Member, Governance Group for the Department of Conservation’s (DOC) Terrestrial and Freshwater Biodiversity Information System (TFBIS) Programme (2014-2016)
- Member, Advisory Group for Ministry for the Environment (MfE)/Statistics NZ’s National Environmental Reporting Programme (2013 - )
- Member, Advisory Group for Land Information NZ’s Information Programme (2013 - )
- Chair, Governance Group for DOC’s Biodiversity Offsets Cross-Departmental Research Programme (2009-2010).
- Member, Governance Group for DOC’s Environmental Indicators Cross-Departmental Research Programme (2009-2010).
- Member, Governance Group for the National Environmental Domain Plan (2009).
- Strategic Advisor to the NZ Land Use & Carbon Analysis programme (2008-2009).
Relevant leadership qualifications
- NZ Institute of Directors: Member (2015-)
- NZ Institute of Directors: Governance Development Programme (2014)
- Mt Eliza/Melbourne Business School: Strategic Leadership Programme (2012)
- NZ Institute of Directors: Governance Essentials (2010)
- NZ Leadership Development Centre: Foundations for Leadership programme (2008)
- Macquarie University: Foundations of General Management programme (2005)
MA (Hons) Arts
- Pushkin Institute Moscow
PGDeg Russian Language